Friday, May 4, 2012

Napa winery trip

For last two weeks, an engineer visited the office from Japanese Head Quarters in order to discuss closely about what we are working together recently. The work was obviously first priority, but she fortunately had two days holiday, so it looked like that he wanted to enjoy winery at Napa. So I would take care of it. When I asked by my colleague where I would take her, I answered to him "winery at Napa", then he said to me that he wanted to go together. When I told him that my car is too small to carry many people, then he was willing to take us by his big car. I really appreciated it from the bottom of my heart. Honestly, I wanted to enjoy wine tasting, too. As I wrote about my first experience of wine tasting, I was disappointed at that a little bit because it was not what I expected. However, as is always same with anything, I think that it is not good idea to judge anything by just trying something once. So I wanted to try to judge whether wine tasting is enjoyable or not for me by taking advantage of this opportunity.


Sunday morning, we gathered at San Jose, and headed for Napa before 9am, and got there before 11am without traffic jam. Although we approached to Napa, the road got crowded. It might be because it was really going to be fine weather and many people would come to enjoy wine tasting. 

We tried a few wineries from red, white to sparking wine. Honestly, I am a beer lover, so I am not familiar with wine, its history, how to enjoy, and how to make. However, my colleague is an American, and he is very knowledgeable. So during wine tasting, I was able to enjoy the lesson together. At any place, I could feel comfortable because people there enjoyed wine casually not too politely. When I visited "Domaine Chandon", I felt so most.


From this opportunity, I change my mind about wine tasting. I like it, but it depends on situations or locations.







No comments:

Post a Comment