Sunday, April 22, 2012

Small trip to Carmel

Last weekend, I went to Carmel south to Monterey in respond to my wife`s request. She just wanted to go there to feel its atmosphere in order to compare other towns. When I left my apartment, it was around 2 o`clock, but highway 17 was a little bit busy due to the merge of lines from 3 lines to 2 lines just before Santa Cruz Mountain. This is usual, so I was well prepared for that, but it would be dangerous for those who do not know that because busy traffic comes suddenly and drivers have to handle that immediately. If you are less focused, you are going to cause a crash easily. When I was on highway 17 on the middle of Santa Cruz Mountain, I felt something wrong in my stomach. As time passed, I got to feel stomach pain unfortunately, and had been feeling it until I got to a downtown at Carmel. After that, I got to feel better gradually fortunately. Although I went there without any background information, what I thought firstly was that this town is place for adults in terms of restaurant, and shops other than beach. What I thought secondly was that this town is for artists because when I moved from main road, I could see many shops selling drawings. When we looked around shops, we happened to find a shop selling wide variety stuffs of Turkey. At this shop, my wife found very beautiful lamps, called Turkey mosaic lamp. This lamp usually made with many color pieces of glass which cover a core lamp, and its design as well as layout are beautiful. If you turn on light, light goes through each color and you can enjoy colorful lamp. Therefore, my wife was dying to want it impulsively, but I asked her to consider it deeply because voltage of power outlet is 110 AC volt but it is 100 AC volt in Japan. We, of course, are able to bring it back, but it is design for 110 AC volt, so it would be less illuminated or would not work in a worst case in Japan. After all, she decided to buy dishes in internet after we went back home. This time, we just stayed for two hours, and we could not enjoy this town fully, but we could feel its atmosphere well. That`s enough for us at the moment actually. At last, I have to say something important for those who concern restroom when visiting somewhere, do not worry about it, public restrooms are available. Moreover, they are maintained clean well. That`s important for those like me. It would be better for you guys to check locations in internet before you go there in advance. 


By the way, a few weeks back, somebody talked about "t" in the middle of name of "Montery", some people who are not born but live in California for long time said that "t" is silent, but an American who moved to California recently said that "t" is not silent but pronounced softly.
From point my view by listing to radios and watching TV news, "t" sounds silent. Last week my wife asked it to her English teacher who are an American and live here since she was born. According to her, "t" is not silent, and pronounced softly but clearly depending on people. So, "t" is not silent and the later are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment