Saturday, May 19, 2012

A office in Silicon valley

 A few weeks ago, my Indian colleague asked me to go to a partner office with him because he wanted to drop off something and go to lunch at same time. It seemed to be going to take longer as lunch time, but it was chance to look inside the office in silicon valley other than our office. In our office, there is nothing special. If anything , each people put own whatever one wants inside own cube, something like pictures, status. In my case, I put pictures of my motorcycle which can always remind of how enjoyable it is to drive a motorcycle. 

When I went inside the building where many companies, especially start-ups, share space, I felt really excited about how people encourage people to do special things. Inside the building, there are many flags for countries and comments from famous guys in Silicon valley on the wall, and it is lively. When I looked at those situation, I felt that people can get motivated every time when they enter the building, and consequently it makes engineers more efficient, more productive, more innovative. The matter of office environment depends on each person`s opinion, but I think this place is great in terms of keeping and increasing motivations at least.


In my opinion, environment like office and colleagues is very important for engineers in terms of engineer`s motivation and outputs. Productivity of engineer is highly relevant to that. If people can feel motivated, then people can stay focused on works more efficiently with more innovative ideas. Consequently people can output good results immediately. Finally, people can get new challenging jobs as reward for good jobs again. This works positively. I like this process and I believe that this is what situation should be.







No comments:

Post a Comment