Friday, July 6, 2012

Mazda RX 7 FD in Unated States


A few weeks ago, I saw RX 7 FD in Sunnyvale at first time and in Cupertino at second time. I was really surprised to see this and got excited a little bit at the same time because I had not seen this car and I was thinking this car was not available in U.S. According to Wikipedia, this car had been sold until 2002 here, but Mazda have already stopped to make this car all over the world. A new car is not available any more in the market, but this car is still popular especially for young peoples who like sporty drive in Japan. Although RX 8 is available here, it is different car. When I watched a movie, Tokyo drift, many Japanese car including RX 7 showed up in the movie, so I was expecting to see RX 7 many times before I came to U.S. A problem which I come up with is that RX 7 was fully modified in the movie so almost all people could not recognize that it was originally RX 7. A picture shown below is the modified one. It does not look like RX 7, it is almost a different car. If you do not know background, you could not recognize this.



Regarding the reason why old cars are still popular, I will tell my opinion later.

Link(first picture, second picture)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_RX-7
http://driftjapan.com/blog/mazda/mazda-rx-7/
 

1 comment:

  1. The Mazda RX-7 FD was dubbed as one of the most breathtaking designs in the automotive history, and that can partially be attributed to the fact that this car was designed for speed. It may be a bit heavy on the pocket, but it’s actually worth more than the price tag when you finally get to drive it. It’s fun and thrilling to drive!

    >Carry Bacot

    ReplyDelete