Sunday, July 15, 2012

Realizing how strong impact a blog generate on local restaurant sales



Last Saturday, I realized how strongly peoples are affected by blogs. That was happening in a lunch place. Last Monday, when I looked at blogs which Japanese peoples living in the bay area write about what they think, experience, and eat, I found that someone wrote about a Italian restaurant in the Mountain View. She said that it would taste good for Japanese. Many peoples say that it is very difficult to find good Italian place in the bay are because especially past is always over boiled and it is soggy. We do not like the way, and we think that past should be cooked to al dente. Many peoples still pursue it even here. I have experienced same things a lot here, so when I found the blog, I was very excited at that. I immediately decided to go there at the following weekend. Last Saturday, I went to the Stanford shopping center from the morning, and after doing shopping there, I went to the restaurant. It is located  along the El Camino Real on the way home from the shopping center. When I arrive there, It was around 11:40, there was already one family there, and We were second one. After entering the restaurant, I felt something embarrassed because the first family was Japanese. I immediately thought that it was not coincident, and I thought that many Japanese would come later. I was right perfectly. After ordering past and pizza, I saw many Japanese peoples come during waiting food.   I felt embarrassed much there because I was conscious and I took care of how I look, and I thought that everyone say same blog and felt like trying pasta which tastes good for Japanese. I guess that every one think same thing. Finally, Japanese families occupied more than half of tables.


Learning from this experience, when I look something attractive places in blogs, I should wait for a few weeks to try them actually in order to avoid the situation.


When I talked about this to my Indian colleague. He said that he was feeling same thing at first a few years here, but he realized that nobody cares about you than you think. That makes sense, and it`s matter of feeling, but I do not reach that point. I wish I could go there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment