Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Laguna Seca MotoGP 2012


Last Sunday, I went to Laguna Seca circuit in Monterey to enjoys Moto GP 2012, championship of motorcycle road racing. I went to Moto GP 2011 last year actually, and it was very impressive to look at super motorcycles closely, so that`s why I went this year as well. Motorcycles in this race are made by racing teams, so they are not available in the market,a and they are not allowed to ridden on roads. Most exciting thing for me is exhaust sound from engine throughout its muffler. Max RPM of motorcycles available in the market is around 14,000 at maximum, but these motorcycles can reach 18,000. If you consider RMP of car which max RPM is 7,000, you can figure out how impressive it is. It sounds like terrible noise for those who do not have interest, but its sound is really exciting and comfortable for those who like it. So most exciting time is start of race. During countdown of signal of start, every rider keeps RPM almost maximum, and combined sound by many motorcycle is almost great music for me actually. I bought grand stand seat and it was in front of start line, so it was really exciting to look at it closely. Problem was that it was really large sound, so I could not be there without ear plug.

Another exiting thing was that before the start of race, some lady sang American anthem, and when she was about to finish it, two fighter airplanes flied over above the circuit. How exciting it is ! and how accurate they are ! Degree of my excitement became maximum at the same time.


Race result itself was expected one. Everybody expected that either Storner or Lorenzo win. And Stoner won actually.


In addition to the seat, I bought a Paddock pass ticket which allows me to enter dedicated area where I could see riders in close distance. I actually waited riders in front of Repsol Honda team while looking forward to seeing Casey Stoner. Finally I could see him a little bit.




He looked really tense, so he did not gave us high five. Everyone did not complain about it because he was second position and would concentrated on racing before starting. Unlike him, Alvaro Bautista kindly gave us high five, but do not get me wrong, I do not mean that he did not concentrate. That`s difference of personalities.




After enjoying the race, my concern was traffic congestion. Last year, it was first time so I was stuck in heavy traffic congestion in highway 1. By learning what I experienced last year, I checked local roads in advance in order to avoid it. As I expected, It was going well in the middle, but unfortunately there was a car accident in highway 101, so I was stuck again.

Regardless to say, I was so tired, so I fell asleep before 10pm at the night.



1 comment: