Sunday, August 5, 2012

Gilroy Garlic Festival 2012



Last weekend on 7/28, I went to Gilroy to enjoy the annual garlic festival 2012, although I went one year ago. It`s because that just one experience is not enough, and second is enough to capture whole idea of the festival. Additionally, my colleague came together and I met up with him at the inside of the festival place. A few days before the festival, I talked about the festival with my another colleague who went to the festival last year, and he said that garlic ice cream, kangaroo, and frog meat were available, but I missed them last year, so I was really excited to try them this time.


This morning, I left home at 8:30am, and I thought it would take 1 hour from my home to the festival location. The gate was supposed to open at 10am. I took 30 minutes margin in order to avoid traffic congestion from both my previous experience and what peoples say. I arrived there at 9:45am actually, but surprisingly the gate was already open. It might be because event organizer wanted to avoid long line in front of the gate, and wanted customers enjoy the festival as soon as possible. 


After meeting up my colleague, we looked into stores one by one deeply. What I found was that not every store dealt with garlic related foods. Almost all stores focused on food which combined garlic somehow, like garlic fries, garlic bread, and garlic. Some of stores has nothing to do with garlic like chicken kabob. In the middle of stores tour, I found garlic ice cream, and kangaroo and frog meat. Let me give you my opinion one by one. Regarding garlic ice cream, I love it actually, although many people seem not to like it. It tastes cream and garlic as you expected. If you take it, cream taste comes first and garlic taste comes second and stay longer. I like garlic so I like this. Regarding kangaroo meat, it tastes like beef loin, and it is a little bit hard to bite. Trying once is enough actually. Regarding frog meat, I thought that it is skewer type because I have tried it before in Japan, and it was served like skewer. However, in this time, frog leg was served as it looks like. You can easily imagine this is frog leg and easily imagine how big it is. It taste like fish and chicken actually, but I did not feel good. If you take it without knowing this is frog, then It would be tasty. 


For your reference for future, I put the picture of fried frog leg, but some people do not want to see it. So do not go down any more and leave this page if you do not want to see it. If you want, go ahead.























































No comments:

Post a Comment