Friday, August 24, 2012

Glass beach

A few weeks ago Saturday, it was around 9:30am, my wife suddenly said that she wanted to go somewhere, and she recalled something which her English teacher told her before. It was Glass beach. When I checked where it is, it did not look so far from my apartment. (Of course, it was far actually.) And I like to drive a car and I decided to go, so we left the apartment around 10:30pm. According to my GPS, I was supposed to arrive there 2:30pm but there were heavy traffic points along the 101 even though it was weekend. One was natural traffic jam because three lanes change to 2 lane, second was just a car accident unfortunately. Before I got off HWY101 and went west toward the pacific coast, I stopped by Safeway in Willits to grab some food. At that time, it was 105F which was shown in my front display of my car. However as I approach the sea, I noticed something was wrong, it was heavy fog actually. We can not control weather condition, but I was feeling a little bit depressed because I came all the way from the south bay are. We finally arrived there around 3:30pm.

Glass beach seem to be famous beach because parking space was full at the time and I could find the parking space luckily because someone happened to leave. As you can easily imagine from the name of beach, there seems to be many sea glasses there, but I found that there use to be so. Many people would bring them back homo. Now if you go there, it is
a little bit difficult to find them. If you can find them, they would be very small. Actually, I could found small green and orange glasses by looking for them hard. This beach is beautiful so many people come to relax, enjoy lunch, enjoy talking with friend. There are also waling trails and it is allowed to take dogs, so many peoples bring their dogs. If it had been sunny weather, I would have enjoyed this beach more.

                                
                                          My route

On my way home, I took HWY 1 south along the sea coast because I do not like to take same way on my way home even though it would take more time to go home. During my driving, foggy sea coast scenery reminded me of something. Gooneis, name of movie, was filmed around there, and this area keeps its scenery of the day as much as possible, like houses used in the movie. So I regretted not to check it out before I left home.
From 30 mile away from San Francisco, it was getting dark. It was really scary to drive a car along the foggy sea coast at night because there are not lamps along the road and there is chance to dive into the sea accidentally. Fortunately I had cars ahead and behind so it was relatively easier for me to drive my car there. I was thinking it was only fog along the sea coast, but when I went through San Francisco, it was still foggy weather. However when I got to South bay, it was clear night. Finally I got my home at 11pm.

This short trip was just driving a car and look at California sea coast scenery. Somebody would say it is boring, but I like it. People have own preference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_B\each_(Fort_Bragg,_California)

No comments:

Post a Comment