Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Zen Meditation

Have you ever experienced meditation ?
I had not actually ever.

I was invited to attend a mediation class by my friend since last year, but I couldn't make it unfortunately because I was a little bit busy and the class started earlier evening.
Last week, I could finally experienced meditation at first time. The class is usually supposed to start at 7:30pm, however vege food is served from 7pm. I couldn't make it, though. At that day, I reached a place 10 minutes before its start, but I was surprised that attendees were not only Asian people but also people from many countries. At first, we chanted the Hannya Shyngyo together. After that, we did meditation while a teacher monk instructed us how to do that physically as well as mentally. This meditation took 20 minute, but this was really good for me because my stress was gone totally by doing this like as the teacher told us. Recently, I am suffering from much stress in my jobs, so it is really good to find ways to control my stress somehow. I realized surely that meditation is one of them. After finishing meditation, we could take a lecture about Buddhism idea for one our from same teacher. This was also amazing because the lecture presentation was really perfect in terms of documents as well as how to speak to people. This was not only a lesson for Buddhism but also how to do an English presentation. Finally the class finished at 9:30pm.

This is very educational for me, so I would like to continue to take this class. Surprisingly, this is free. Off course, some donation is expected by common sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment