Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Income tax return paper working

Today, when I left the office around 8pm, I noticed that my colleague was still in the office and was doing something in the copy room. It was really rare to see him at this time because he always leaves the office before 7pm. He looked tired of something, so I was really curious about what he was doing and asked him about that. He answered to me that he was struggling to prepare and file a tax return.

I was sorry about that because companies take care of it in Japan as long as he/she is employed. On the other hand, I got to know this since I came to U.S., but employees have to prepare and file a tax return in U.S by themselves. It looks that it is really cumbersome in U.S. and it is really easy in Japan, but there are pros and cons behind that. People in U.S. have to know system of tax in order to do filing even if they do not like to do it, and it takes long time for paper working. However, people can naturally understand what taxes really are instead of that. On the other hand, Almost all  employed people in Japan do not have to take long time for paper working because companies do a filing instead of employees, but they do not know what taxes really are unless they are willing to understand it by themselves.

I am working in U.S., so I have to do it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment