Sunday, January 22, 2012

San Gregorio State Beach

Last Saturday, I went for enjoying driving along the highway 1 from Half moon bay to Santa cruz.
This morning, weather was rainy but it changed to sunny afternoon, so I decided to do it.


At first, I went to the Russian ridge open preserve to see if I can enjoy a walk, but the ground condition was really mad due to the morning rain. This was obvious for me before getting there but I did not want to think so in my mind. Therefore, I changed my plan to enjoy a drive. Some mountain bikers enjoyed there though.
I was actually taking highway 35 north and the highway 84 west, and got to the highway 1. This route was not first time for me but this direction was so, because I usually take an opposite route. Therefore, I was feeling that every field view is really first time. When I turn left to the highway 1, I noticed that a state beach, San Gregorio, is just there at right side, and I parked my car at the parking without knowing about parking fee which was turned out later. This beach is really good because a lot of restroom, benches for rest are available in addition to beautiful beach. After enjoying everything for about 20 minutes, I went back to the parking, but I found something a envelope on the front window of my car unfortunately. When I opened the envelope, I got a letter telling me that this parking place charges me $8.00 and I have to pay it. I really wanted to say, "Oh my god, what the hell is this !? " If I have known it, I  had passed this beach and wouldn't have parked my car there. When I got out of the parking, I notice that there is a small sign board in front of the open gate telling guests about the parking fee. So, this is my fault that I did not notice that sign before entering the parking. However I have a reason for that. From my experience, I have been to a lot of public parking along the highway 1 ever, but everything was free except this time.

Anyway, this was good experience that some parking is not free. I definitely have to keep this in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment