Sunday, September 2, 2012

One day trip to Los Angeles from San Jose

I like to drive a car, and I do not feel sick of it if I continue to do it for long hours as long as it is new route for me. This is because that I can feel new when I go new place. When I was in Japan, I used to drive my car for more than 10 hours per one day at weekend.

As far as I know, almost all my colleagues have been to LA by car once, but I had not, so I decide to go by car to try to see what it is like. Usually peoples seem to take HWY 5 for both directions, but my trip should not be normal way but special. So I decide to take HWY 5 on my way to LA but take HWY 101&1 on my way home to enjoy California sea coast.

One day before the day, I asked one of my colleagues about places where I should go to enjoy for one day trip. He used to live in LA when he was a student for master degree. He suggested me to visit the Rodeo drive in the Beverly hills to see how rich peoples are there. He promised that it is the richest place in the California, but I thought that it was a little bit exaggerated at that time.

                  
                        View Larger Ma

At the morning, I woke up at 4:30am and left home at before 6 am. From San  Jose to LA, I took HWY101, 152 and 5 in this order. What I noticed is that there are many rest place at every a few tens mile unlike HWY 101. For long drive, I always concern restroom, but I do not have to worry about it. aFinally I arrived at the Griffith observatory which is famous place to be able to see Hollywood sign at closest distance. I was lucky to find a parking space, that place was really busy for tourists. What I felt after seeing the sign was that I was feeling I had seen this before. This might be because I have seen this sign many time on TV. Anyway, it is good place not only for viewing the sign but also for looking at the entire LA view.

After that, I started to head for the Beverly hills which is main visit for my trip. As I approached there, I came to see expensive cars frequently, what is called, super cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini. When I arrived there, what I felt in my mind at first was how gorgeous this place I have ever seen. I had never seen such many super cars except car shows. Everything is gorgeous here. Cars are special, and house are larger and gorgeous, and shops are special. I saw Rolls Royce phantom coupe first time. It sounds strange but it looks like one of normal cars there. However when I moved a few miles away from the place, situation was really opposite, rich places and poor places live together here. Where is middle class place ? This is U.S. Social difference is getting wider and wider. Rich peoples get richer, and poor peoples get poorer.

After leaving this place, I headed for sea coast on my way home. It was around 2pm, and I felt it was mistake because road was really busy. Only good thing was beautiful sea view. That`s it.

Between LA and San Luis Obispo, it was good drive except the traffic, but after that, it was really boring drive even for me. And finally I arrived my home at 11pm.

I felt tired for one day trip, but simultaneously I felt achievement to do it while drinking beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment