Monday, September 24, 2012

Revenge & English skill improvement

This evening, I and my wife started to watch TV series "Revenge" because she wanted to watch it since a few months ago. A few months ago when I check its availability in Netflix, it was not available but in Hulu. However, when I browsed what is newly available in Nexflix today, I found it in a category of new release.

This is a story about one woman who tries to do revenges to peoples who destroyed her life when she was small. In each series, she destroys someone`s life by humiliating the person behind who she wants to do revenges to. 


Before I watched the first story, I had confidence to watch it without English subtitle because I spend much time so far in Netflix and Youtube to be able to watch English TV program and documentary in English and I have been feeling that I can do that gradually these days. However the truth is that it was still delusion for me because I could not understand what peoples say in the stories so much. Probably I could understand 50% of it, of course, pictures helped me a lot to understand it. English used there sound like that all words are connected together. It is most difficult situation for me until I get used to it. For example, now I do not have any difficulties to watch documentaries because I think that each word is clearly spoken no matter how fast people speaks.

I am realizing that I still need practice for listening. My goal is to be able to watch movies and dramas completely without any subtitles, but it seems to be long way for me actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment