Thursday, September 20, 2012

Alcohol influence on health

During two weeks, I had big mistakes of drinking alcohol too much. As results of that, I was suffering from heavy hangover in following days. I spent almost each whole day to cure it until evening. I love beer very much so I used to make mistakes of same thing when I was Japan but since I came to U.S, I have not done that mistake. However, I did it during last two weeks because I had felt stress about many things these days, and when I talked with Japanese colleagues in a backyard of one of them, I drank too much. This might be because I wanted to tell my cause of stress to someone and wanted to release stress by talking. Fortunately or unfortunately, alcohol usually drives people speak more, which is proportional to the amount of alcohol. On the other hand, chance of suffering from hangover is proportional to that as well as what kind of alcohol it is . I usually avoid wine because percentage of alcohol is strong, and I usually drink beer. However, I avoided wine at first at the time even though I was asked, but I drank a little bit of sparking wine when we cheered something because I thought it was manner at least. As many people can know, we feel full when we usually drink beer much. I felt same thing at that time, and started to drink wine unfortunately. At that time, I`m sure I was drunk and I did not consider what was going to happen in the following day. Naturally, I regretted that behavior.

I really repent for what I did and spent a few days while thinking about that. Hangover was really heavy I have ever suffered from these days, and I felt my body was something wrong. Because of that, it naturally reminds me of my age and alcohol influence on health. I`m close to 30 years old, I have to accept honestly that I`m not young enough to handle as same amount of alcohol as I used to handle when I was younger. Additionally, I have to consider health issue. Drinking too much alcohol chronically causes serious illness on our body. I have know this fact and kept it in my head, but I had not considered it seriously so far because I was behaving like younger and I was feeling that I was still as young as I was at 5 years ago. Now I am realizing that I have to think about it seriously to be able to live healthy in the future and have to consider how to drink alcohol and how to live with it.

Here are what I come to know from internet about pros and cons about alcohol. 

-- Pros -- Positive effects --

Drinking 1 standard beer 3 or 4 times per week is generally positive effect on heath according to research. It of course depends on constitution of body. This looks like true because I saw this fact many times when I browse in internet.

Beer generally contains many nutrients including vitamin B and antioxidants. Thanks to these, we can expect many benefits of reducing chance to suffer from diseases shown below.

  •  Heart diseases and Heat attack
  •  Strokes
  •  Gallstones
  •  Kidney stones
  •  Osteoporosis
-- Cons -- Negative effects --

Negative effects always comes from chronic excessive alcohol drinking. It`s obvious about this. According to a link below at the bottom of the page, drinking more than 4 standard size beer causes inflammation in liver, but it`s criteria for american peoples who generally have more material to decompose alcohol in body than Japanese people have. Drinking too much, often, cause diseases which drinking a little seems to prevent. 

Here are lists about negative effects

  •  Diseases listed as positive effects
  •  Diabetes
  •  Fatty liver
  •  Alcoholic hepatitis
  •  Cirrhosis 
  •  Damage brain (let you incapable of thinking properly, and slow response)

Early damages can be curable by stay away from alcohol. However, peoples usually do not recognize it until it`s too late to recover. Therefore, it is very important to drink alcohol properly by considering negative effects seriously and to take medical check regularly, especially blood test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment