Thursday, June 7, 2012

Venus transit observation at bay area

Pic link

It was great time for everyone on the earth last Tuesday. Many peoples got excited about the Venus transit at this bay area because next transit will be more than 100 years later. So was I. 

One of my colleagues in the office told me that we could watch internet live from the observatory at Hawaii at the Nasa facility at Mountain View. So I went there with my other colleagues around 7pm. When we arrived there, so many people were waiting at long line to enter a huge white tent because Nasa people restricted a number of peoples to avoid congestion. On the other hand, some amateur astronomers brought own telescopes with special filters for observation of the sun outside the tent. They kindly let us use them and look the transit throughout a finder.
We tried both inside live and outside telescopes, but outside experience was better than inside live in my opinion. My colleagues totally agreed on this. This is because we could tried many filters outside and importantly it was great to look at this with own eyes.


I regretted that I should have come here at Lunar eclipse a few weeks before.


No comments:

Post a Comment