Monday, June 25, 2012

Music in the park at Los Gatos


Last Sunday, I went to Los Gatos to enjoy free music. At this time, a Japanese engineer was visiting the San Jose office for work from Japan, so I took him there although he is shy and an Otaku, and prefers playing inside than outside. Generally peoples would take guests to something special places where you can easily find in guide books. However I wanted him to enjoy something which we can not find there. So this was it. The reason why I came to know this festival was that my wife`s English teacher told her that we should go. According to the teacher, this festival is annual event during summer season. Music takes place in the park in Los Gatos, and musicians play music from higher stage. People can bring own chair and enjoy own alcohol and snacks with musics. Just by hearing this, my expectation became high. My concerns were parking space and public restrooms because I can not enjoy if we can not find parking space, and because I personally can not enjoy the music without restroom.

Music was supposed to start from 5 pm, so we packed our necessary staffs to my car and left my apartment before 4:30 pm. I was wondering if we can find parking because I felt that it was a little bit late with no margin. When I passed the park by car, it looked like that many peoples were ready for the music on lawn, and parking space close to the park were fully taken, so I felt nervous a little bit because I was thinking what we should do if we could not  find space but we managed to find space a little bit far from the park. When we arrived the place, good place like under shade were already occupied, because this day was really hot and people would afraid of bad for eyes and sun burning under the Sun. So we did not have any choices for place but we put our chairs as close to the stage as possible. At this moment, what I had to do at first was to know where restrooms are, so I asked some peoples where they are, but nobody knew it. I gave up to find it to some degree but fortunately event organizer kindly announced where it is. Regardless to say, I really felt relieved to hear that, and what remains is to enjoy music.

As far as played musics were concerned, I was really satisfied with them like what I had heard because every played musics were popular from 70s to 90s, and I was familiar with them, and musicians played musics well and sang well. Most surprising thing was that many people came in front of the stage and started to dance well according to musics. Even old peoples did so and looks fine physically and mentally. While looking peoples in front, I was thinking this is not going to happen in Japan. In Japan, people would stay at own space, listen to musics, and never do dancing. I sensed and felt something about the reason why Japanese failed to world war II.

This time, music was focused on popular rock music, but this community will hold another similar event focusing on the Beetles next month, so I have to go there again because I like the Beetles.

Link
http://lgmip.com/miperformers.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment