Saturday, June 23, 2012

First time experience of blues music

Last weekend , my colleague in the office kindly invited me to go to enjoy blues music. He is an American, and he said to me that blues is one of gifts from America to the world. He is married, and he is working in San Jose, but his wife is in the east coast. Last week, his wife was visiting him, so he tired to entertain her every day by taking her somewhere. Last Friday, it was blues music. He said to me that the place is close to my apartment, but when I heard of it location, I was feeling scare because its building is very old and dark at night so I would never say it looks safe place at night and I would never go without him. He suggested me to take my wife , so I asked my wife if she wants to go there, then her first though was same for me, but she said that she wanted to go because she could feel safe with my American colleague.

We were supposed to meet in front of the door of the place because I hesitated to go inside without him, but when I arrived there, he and his wife were already inside. When  I called him, we got out from inside and let us in together with him. After the the door, a lady was standing and asking customer to pay 20 dollar to go inside. Inside the place, stage for musicians are close to the door, and bar counter is at the end. It was dim entirely inside the office. Some peoples came alone, and some peoples came together with someone like wife, boyfriend, girlfriend. Peoples enjoyed talking and drinking before music started. It was not scare feeling than I had before.


Music started 10 minutes later than it was supposed to. According to his wife, it was usual case for blues music. Musicians seemed to be famous but I did not know it. Although I did not know whether placed musics were popular or not, I could feel comfortable. Some peoples went in front of the stage and started to dance, some peoples are sitting in the table while shaking their head according to music.

We stayed there for one hour and half and got out before 11pm because we had a doctor appointment in the following day. Without it, we would had stayed longer. It was short time but it was very interesting experience for us because I would had never experienced this if we would have been in Japan.


I realize again that I should try many thing once without hesitating to do them, even though I do not feel like doing them. Once is better than zero.






No comments:

Post a Comment