Saturday, March 31, 2012

Evernote


Since three weeks ago, I have been using Evernote to improve how to study my English. Every time when I come across an unknown word in daily life throughout conversation with colleagues and watching movies, I check its meaning as well as pronunciation, and write down it to my note with some example sentences. This is a basic manner which every one does, but I feel a little bit cumbersome because it takes time to do do that. On the other hand, I have heard before that writing down something to a note enhances memorizing it deeply in my head, so I have continued to do it for more than one year. At the same time, we are living in the internet world where the internet is available at many place and its cost is almost free. So I have been always wondering if typing something in PC enhances remembering process as well. Once in a while, I have seen articles in the web about Evernote which seems to allow me to do what I wanna do for my English study. So I stalled it soon and started to use it.

Evernote is amazing for my purpose because notes in Evernote is stored in local PC as well as in cloud manner, so I can look at my notes anytime and anywhere, as long as the internet and PC type devices are available. Unlike a real note, I can enlarge words and highlight words in colors to help me find new words when I review notes every morning. Additionally, I can edit sentences and add some information later.

Besides this usage, I use Evernote by clipping web pages which I wanna remember and store. You can clip entire page as well as some parts of pages by installing a Evernote clipping extension in your browser. Amazingly, the function of clipping entire page automatically excludes web advertisements.

I`m now using free version with a limitation of storage per a month like 25MB, but this is enough for my purpose for the time being. However, I possibly upgrade my account for premium later if I can find more useful usages.










No comments:

Post a Comment