Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wine tasting at first time



Ridge vineyards

Last weekend, I could have experienced and enjoyed wine tasting finally. Since I came to California, everybody always recommends me to do it, and they say it is because California is famous for vine production and wine tasting in vine yard is really great. And a recommended place is always Napa. Honestly, I am a little bit reluctant for that because Napa is far from my living place, and I am actually beer lover. So I was always wondering if it is worth a lot to go there and enjoy wine tasting. However, when I was looking into the Google map around Santa Cruz mountain, I found wine yard in south bay area and the place is easy to access from my house. So I decided to try it immediately, and I did it last weekend just after enjoying the mission peak walking, although I was already exhausted.

When I got there, the tasting space was really full with people, and I had to wait for about 10 minutes until vine tasting space was open. There are 3 courses for wine tasting here, and it was first time for wine tasting, so I chose the lowest course for 5 dollars just in case. I could actually enjoy 4 kinds of wines, but every wine is red. I do not know how to enjoy red vines. So I could not enjoy it honestly. This wine yard must be good because a lot of people visit there. However it just does not mach my preference.

My first experience of vine tasting was not good so I am wondering if I go to enjoy wine tasting somewhere someday. And I am strongly realizing that I am a beer lover anyway. Next time, I want to enjoy beer tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment