Saturday, February 18, 2012

Celebration for a birth of my collegue`s baby

Last December,  I and my wife visited a house of my Indian colleague to celebrate a birth of his baby boy. He was born last September, so I waited for around three months until his baby got settled. As far as I know, it generally takes around three month for that. Usually we bring something for a child when we visit somebody for a celebration. This time, this is not japan, so I though some religious things are not appropriated, so I decided to bring Japanese fairy tale book throughout which Japanese children can know what good things are and what bad things are. However, his child was just born, so this book is not useful now, but will be later. The time when I visited him was before noon, so he kindly served us real Indian food. Since I came here, I often go to Indian restaurants with my colleagues and I thought I already got used to it, but it was not. The foods which I ate at his house were really hot, although he said to me that it is moderate in India. We, Japanese, typically like hot foods because Korean kimuchi, hot food, is very popular. However we can not handle hot Indian food which generally contains a lot of spices. I have another episode about that. When I went to Korean place for lunch with another Indian colleague. We tried to tofu soup food, and I tried mild spicy and he tried hot spicy. Even mild spicy, it is out of my capacity, but he said to me that his choice was not hot, and this hot taste is equivalent to mild taste in India. At that time, I strongly realized that we have different kind of stomach essentially.

The lesson here is that I can not handle real Indian spicy food. I do not hesitate to choose mild taste when I enjoy Indian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment