Saturday, March 22, 2014

She might be suffering from epilepsy

This is a story which I have experienced one month ago in a bus.

It was the early February and was very cold evening around 8pm. I just came back to a station to which I live close, from the dinner with my wife in Roppongi, and we decided t use buy to go home because it was very cold, even though we usually walk for 20min to my apartment as an exercise. When we got on the bus, there were not so many peoples in the bus and the bus closed the door and left the started the bus station. Just after the bus moved, I heard yell from the front place in the bus but did not know who yelled. It was not a word but yell just like animals. Soon after that, I noticed that a girl sitting just behind the driver seat showed something wrong at first and her body was getting cramp from her head to her foot. I immediately felt that I needed to help her and unconsciously came to her and supported her boy and asked the driver to stop the bus immediately and to do emergency call. She actually frothed at the mouth when I saw her face. I'm actually used to emergency situation from many experience, but the driver was a little bit panicked unfortunately, but he managed to be able to call for an ambulance. Fortunatelly, there is a hospital close to the station, so it just took about 10 min to come. While we were waiting the ambulance to come, I thought that we had to contact her family to tell her condition and know what to do just in case that this was chronic situation for her. When I opened her wallet, I soon recognized that this was unfortunately chronic because she had a card which tells an emergency contact phone number of her mother in the case that she has something wrong. In order to contact her mother, I found her cell phone and checked the history, and found her mother number easily because she just called her mother just 30 min before. I was supporting her body,s so I asked my wife to call to her mother. When my wife called, her mother soon answered and told my wife that she has family doctor just exactly at the hospital which is close to the station and her mother would go there soon. When the ambulance arrived, she had already stopped cramp, but she still looked like unconscious but looked fine at the same time. 

At that time, I did not know what she suffered from, but it might be epilepsy by comparing her condition and what I checked in the internet.

What was the saddest thing after that is that her mother tone was as if she was sick of her daughter's condition according to my wife. 
This world is not fair from the time when we are born as it is recognized by many peoples. I was born healthy, but she was born with a health problem. She has to live with it forever. Because of that, her activity would be limited to fear that the cramp happens. I personally admit that our life is determined to some extent by the condition with which we are born. If you are born in poor family, there is a less chance that you would be able to get a good education. 

I'm still wondering who helped her if I had not been there. At least nobody tried to help me support her in the bus.

How unfair this world is.


No comments:

Post a Comment