Thursday, March 13, 2014

Business trip to San Diego

I lived in San Jose in California before and I thought that it is great weather there, but it is so as well in San Diego. I had a colleague who used to go to San Diego every weekend and said that San Diego is the best place for living. Now I understand it a little bit.


  
I had been to the San Diego airport, but it was just transit. I went to San Diego finally last month by business trip for two days, but I felt that the weather was great more than I feel usually because I stayed at San Francisco before going to San Diego and it rained and it was cold. This was business trip so I did not have much time to enjoy San Diego, but I had a chance to go out for lunch for almost two hours and enjoyed a good lunch at a restaurant close to a beach. I thought that if I got used to this weather, I would not be able to live in Tokyo in terms of weather. 

However, I saw a dark side a little bit when I came back to a hotel. It was just before the sun set and was not dark yet. When I got out of a rent car and waiting for my colleagues to do something, I felt someones get close to me. A woman and a small child came to me and I soon realized that they were homeless and would ask me money. My thought was true and she said something that she needs money indirectly, but I said that I can not help you and didn't give money. I'm not sure what's right or wrong regarding this, but I'm still wondering if I should have given money to her because she looked so desperate and sad when I said so unlike homeless peoples in San Francisco who are very aggressive to get money. If I came back to the time when I said so, I would call her when she showed her back to me and was about to go somewhere ,and give her some money.



No comments:

Post a Comment