Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Mac does not recognize my CANON T3 REBEL


Issue
Mac book pro does not recognize Canon EOS T3 by using USB cable connection.
Answer 
Take out your SD card fron your camera and insert it into SDXC card slot of your Mac. It will work.


Here is my story about that. This is a story about a interface which I had never thought that I use, but which I have used it recently. 

I changed my computer from Windows based computer to Mac book pro almost 3 months ago because my previous PC was brocken for some reason. When I decided to switch from Windows to Mac, one concern is interface compatibility of devices like ipod touch, USB external harddisc, camera which I have been using so far. When I look back my past in Japan, nobody uses Mac except a few people, but as we know, ipod, ipod touch, and iphone from the Apple are big hits and huge success. Another success of these big his is that it makes people who buy these products feel like using Mac as well, although I am actually one of those. Consequently, Mac user population has been increasing so far, therefore almost all devices and software can be used not only for Windows but also for Mac recently. There, of course, are many exceptions about this. Today, I will tell you such a exception which I experienced a few days ago about my EOS Rebel T3, Canon SLR. 

I have three cameras, accessory camera of ipod touch, Richo compact digital camera, and Canon EOS Rebel T3. Basically, I carry ipod touch camera everyday, and I use the compact digital camera when I go somewhere and I don't want to carry heavy stuff, and I use SLR when I want to shot something beautiful view. Regarding former two camera, my Mac successfully recognize them by connecting them with USB cable, but my Mac does not recognized EOS T3 at all for some reason unlike it did with other cameras. 

As usual, I googled my issue while thinking that many people would face same issue around the world. That's correct, and many people discuss it so far. Some peoples suggested to install appropriate driver, and so I tired to do that but Canon says that it's not available for Mac in Canos web site. Can't I use the camera with my Mac ? That's what I concerned when I decided to switch. I got depressed a little bit at the time, but I patiently continued to search how to solve this. I was finally able to find a solution which is not essential solution but another way to get and transfer pictures from the camera to my Mac. It is to use SDXC card slot interface which Mac book pro basically has as default interface. When I took off a card from the camera, I realized that the card is not SDXC but SDHC, and I was wondering if my Mac recognize it, but when I inserted it to the slot, then my Mac successfully recognized it automatically !! When I bought my Mac, I realized that it has many kind of interfaces including firewire, thunderbolt, and SDXC slot which I had thought that I would not use. So I wondered if time comes when I use them, but it came actually.

SDXC seems to be a advanced interface standard for SD series which was proposed a few years ago, and it is compatible with previous standards of SDXC and SD 2.0.

My story was almost about me, but I hope that it can help those who face a exactly same issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment