Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Political and Religious talk

I have one thing which I have wanted to tell and made clear. It's about content of talk which I had heard I should not talk with peoples in foreign countries. Before I came to U.S, I had a guidance about living there. That's one of them and I have heard that these topics are very delicate and could cause conflict between human relationship. I believe that that's true and we should avoid it in situation of business.

I was surprised a little bit, but it is a little bit different in my case. I came here as a engineer and when I go for lunch or dinner, I frequently go with my colleagues who come from many countries because it is fun to talk. Each people has unique and different background and we can tell a lot of things each other. Before I came here, I did not think that talk topics never come to political and religious things. However, it's not true a little bit. They have interesting in them and ask me about how I think about them. I have talked even about hierarchy status before with my close colleagues. 

What I have learned is that it would be ok to talk about them between engineers, especially close colleagues, but not sales or marketing. We definitely should not criticize their religion and blame historical matters on theirs politics. Even they would never do that. What I regretted so far is that I do not know much about politics of my home country and religious. I should be familiar with them more in order to make talk fun and make peoples feel that they think that it is good time to talk with me. In order to be able to talk about them, I would bring these topics here for my education.

I have never seen people who do not have own religious sine I came here. They definitely have it. If you go to Japan and ask people about what religion you believe, then you would be surprised because all most all people, especially young people, would say they do not have it. One of my friend said to me that even though I say I do not have own religion, I seem to behave like a buddism people. He told me a list of main idea of Buddism, then I thought that what he told me is common sense, but they are not common sense in other religions. So according his own idea, Japanese people just do not realize it but we Japanese behave like that because we learn them through growing up without realizing it. I think he is correct.

I'm sure for one thing. Japanese people do not know much about our own religious idea which we naturally follow, although that sounds strange. 




No comments:

Post a Comment