Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How lazy I am !

It is more than 2 months since first post even though I decided to start this for my English training.

How lazy I am !

First of all, I would like to tell you about me briefly. This kind of introduction would be necessary when I meet somebody first time. So it's better for me to remember whole sentences so that I can introduce myself smoothly.
I was born and grew up in Japan and am currently working as a engineer for Japanese company. And last year, I was fortunately moved to the branch in bay are in California. This is great opportunity for me. I can learn a lot of things from my colleagues because engineers in the branch are from all over countries, for instance, India, France, Iran, china, Korea, Vietnam, and Romania. I can learn culture, religious things, and how to work. I can, off course, give them Japanese culture.

Since I came here, I realized that I need to improve my poor English. I can not tell them what I think in my mind well yet even though I want to tell my self and Japanese culture more. My reading level is enough, but listening and speaking are not enough to communicate with my colleagues in English.

Regarding listening, only way is to listen English as much as possible from TV, movie, and conversation with my colleagues. Last June, I found internet service "Netflix"which is very useful for me to be exposed in English environment. I can gradually get to know how to speak English throughout TV series in Netflix. I will write it later.

Regarding speaking, only way to improve my speaking is just speak a lot as much as possible. So I need to think a lot of things in English and need to prepare something in English in advance when I need them. That's why I started to this blog.

Therefore I will prepare here what I think and feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment