Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pliny the elder of Russian river brewery : Flavor is gone ...

The flavor is gone a little bit sadly.... That's my fault.

What I want to say to enthusiasts of Pliny the elder is that don't keep its bottle longer in your refrigerator, otherwise its great flavor is gone. Today is the last day of the year of 2013, but this is one of what I have regretted this year. I bought many bottles of Pliny the elder when I went to the Russian river brewery to enjoy its brother, Pliny the younger, last February. Since that time, I opened the bottle one by one at the time when I felt great. Finally I kept it by the end of the year, and I opened it today and tasted it a little bit, but its flavor is gone sadly. I mean that it is gone completely, but it is as much as I can tell the difference. This was what I did not hope. Actually I knew that I should have kept IPA longer because hop flavor is gone gradually with a bottle. That's one of the reasons why the Russian river brewery seems not to bottle the triple IPA, Pliny the younger. This is what I knew from a YouTube video featuring Pliny the younger. 

BTW, Pliny the younger I had last February was the greatest I have ever had among the IPA. I went on weekdays last February, but It took 1 hour to go inside and additional 1 hour to get a table. It was the greatest moment to stay there because everyone there came to enjoy Pliny the younger, and it was really fun to talk with enthusiasts with the same mind about beer. As you might know, it seems to take more than 5 hours on the weekend, but I think that it absolutely deserves it for IPA lover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment