Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Very good Patagonia down jacket

Last November, I was fully taking advantage of current exchange rate between US dollar and Japanese yen when I bought a Patagonia down jacket.


http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-mens-down-sweater?p=84673-0-889


When I came to the bay area, I did not bring any jackets of mine because I heard that the bay area is warmer even in winter than Tokyo in Japan and jackets are not necessary. However that`s not true somewhat . It is certainly true in the daytime, but in the morning and night we definitely need jackets because temperature often goes down to 40F in this season. That`s why I decided to buy a jacket.
When I told so to my colleague who likes outdoor activities, he really recommended a Patagonia down jacket. According to him, it`s designed for outdoor usage but I can wear it in daily life, and it`s light so it`s easy to carry and store. As you can easily imagine, it is more expensive than other competitive products. I placed much value on lightness so I decided to try it. First of all, I googled it ,and found that a Patagonia special shop is located in Santa Cruz near to the exit of highway 17. At one day after thanksgiving, I went there while expecting thanksgiving sale, but unfortunately the shop did not have it. However I found a favorite jacket there, furthermore I could find XS size which just fits me perfectly. I decided to buy it immediately because it`s really difficult to find good size clothes for me in a lot of shops in US. Evey time I can not find good size clothes I wish I were a little bit taller. And I wish so every time I read motorcycle magazines and catalogs because almost all motorcycle seat is higher for me. However $200 price of that seemed to be expensive for me, so I used Japanese credit card because Japanese yen is obviously stronger than ever before compared to US dollar. One dollar was equivalent to about 120 yen 5 years ago but it is about 77 yen now !  
Anyway let me tell you how the jacket is. It`s is really light and hold warmer air inside the jacket and keep me comfortable during walking. When I went to the office with the jacket, everyone told me that this looks light and easy to walk.

I really like it and I am considering to buy some clothes more.





No comments:

Post a Comment